Happy Fourth of July to everyone, and happy 230th to the USA. Below, I’ve got photos of the progress so far on panel three of PaintBlog II.
Here, we have the two canvases side by side, so as to judge horizons and line-ups and such. Masking tape was duly placed over the areas that I wanted to keep sky-free, and panel two was put back up on the wall.
Below, we have paint applied directly to the canvas. I usually find this is quicker than trying to brush it on bit by bit.
Then, the initial smearing.
Right around now, I realized that the blue was slightly different than the blue on the second panel. So found another shade of blue and started blending them in. Here, in this flash photo, you can see…well, since I used the flash, it doesn’t look like they’re different at all. But they are. The one below has a slight hint of green in it.
Anyway, some more shots of the paint being blended, then detailed. Trying to match cloud areas with panel two.
Finally, the tape is removed. Voila.
Here they all are on the wall together. The photo is pretty dark; sorry about that. As you can see, I need a bigger wall. But I think they look pretty good together.
I’m not exactly certain where to go next, so I may put this work aside for a while. Maybe a day or two, maybe a month or two, maybe even longer. It all depends on where it wants to go.